Monday, May 19, 2008

2 Week Hiatus

Yes, yes, I am going to Alaska for the next two weeks. However, I am going to use Blogger's post scheduling option to auto-post some content...thank's Blogger! And speaking of Blogger, I met a guy who works for Google and, more specifically, Blogger! He's a computer programmer and boy, did I let him know just how much I hate Blogger's photo uploading. I think he appreciated the feedback but couldn't really tell.


Anyhow, breakfast today:Tartine Bakery. Morning bun with cinnamon-orange sugar and coffee. Delicious bun. Really, really good but the place is just so damn crowded. I don't know if I'll ever go back. Maybe if I'm already in the neighborhood but I won't make a special trip. BTW, if the name of the bakery sounds familiar, it's because I've made brownies from the Tartine Cookbook.

Lunch:Rosamunde Sausage Grill. Longtime readers will know that I go ga-ga for sausage. I love ground meat in tube form and the Rosamunde Sausage Grill does nothing but create excellent sausages. There have something like 10 varieties ranging from The Hungarian (smoked pork) Duck and Fig, Chicken and Cherry, Smoked Chicken with Habanero and Tequila, Bratwurst, etc. You get the drift. It's a small operation...one store-front with a grill, cashier and a stainless steel counter with 6 stools. If the stools are occupied (a definite possibility given the Grill's popularity), you can wait next door at the Toronado and they'll call you when your sausage is done. This isn't fast food. From order to eating, it's probably a 10 minute wait but it's soooo worth it. I had the Hungarian...redolent of paprika and garlic, it was flavorful and juicy. Some grilled onions on top and I was a happy man. If I lived closer to the Rosamunde Sausage Grill, I would eat there 5 times a week.

Finally, a random video of my neighbor's dog. Sam loves to jump and bite low-hanging leaves. Just take a look!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i miss sam!!!!!!!!!!! :( and i'll bet she misses the tree...

George said...

That is by far your best video yet. I predict a view count in the mid 4 figures on youtube come july.