Saturday, May 17, 2008

Heat Wave





Day two of the heat wave. I decided that I had to get out of the apartment and go somewhere with air conditioning. My first thought was a movie theater but I've already seen Iron Man and there was nothing else I wanted to see. Iron Man is, btw, quite good. Iron Man was, along with The Mighty Thor, my favorite Marvel superhero so I might be slightly biased but the movie is well reviewed. Anyhow, no movie for the heat wave so I decided on a museum. Get some culture and all that. Seeing as how I live 10 minutes away from the DeYoung museum, the choice of venue was obvious. It was a pretty good day. Sensationally beautiful, if hellaciously hot. The DeYoung is in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Anyhow, some pictures and video for my loyal readers.

BTW, I still hate eating outside. I gave it a try with my breakfast...sit in the 9:00 AM sun enjoying a scone and coffee but all I could think about was how damned hot it was. I don't understand how people can eat underneath a blistering sun...imo, it's too distracting.

Took some time to make a panorama. It's pretty big so click it, save it and zoom in a few levels..you should be able to get some nice detail. It really IS a beautiful area.
Click me for a panorama

No comments: