Saturday, January 19, 2008

NYC: Random Media

Okay, so my camera is mostly cleaned out...nearly everything is posted. However, I have two loose ends to tidy up.

The first is my buddy Matt. Matt is a busker...for those of you who don't know what a busker is, buskers make money by playing music in subway stations. I know Matt from my days of studying music. I just thought I'd throw up a quick video of Matt playing his guitar. In addition to busking, Matt plays a few shows in NYC and composes his own music. He's an all-around good guy.



Matt also skateboards (how typical...a skateboarding guitarist).


Umm, good work there, guy. I have another video of Matt telling a lewd joke at Katz's Deli but won't upload it...it's far too long. Look for Matt "working" in the subways of NYC.

My final piece of random media...while dining at WD-50, I took a bathroom break. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the nice ladies at the next table with whom I had exchanged a few words decided to put themselves on my camera! I gotta tell ya, when I reviewed my photos late that night, I laughed my ass off for a good five minutes. Cheeky girls!



Awww, crap. The video is too dark but whatevers. It's such a funny story that I'm going to leave it up.

That about does it...my NYC posts are over. Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

edit: oh shoot, I almost forgot about my Momofuku Ssam Bar rant. When I ate at the restaurant, I politely asked if non-flash photography was allowed. The waiter informed me that photography was not allowed in the restaurant. Well, feast your eyes on this (another unintended food pun!)

Clicky.

No photos in the restaurant, my ass. Other than that, it was a pretty good meal. We had the grilled sweetbreads, pork buns, veal head terrine, uni with whipped tofu, pork belly ssam and apple kimchi. A very, very solid meal.

No comments: