Sunday, December 27, 2009

Momofuku Ginger Scallion Sauce

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer


I've made a sauce like this in the past but I decided to make David Chang's version just to check it out.  This recipe is from the Momofuku Cookbook.

INGREDIENTS

2.5 cups thinly sliced scallions
.5 cup finely minced peeled fresh ginger
.25 cup neutral oil (I added more)
1.5 teaspoons light soy sauce (I added more)
.75 teaspoon sherry vinegar (I added more)
Salt to taste

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  Season with salt to taste.  Give it 15 minutes before you serve or keep it for a couple of days in the fridge. 

I eat this stuff on just about everything.  Hot bowl of rice?  A few dollops, please.  Noodles?  Done.  Straight out of bowl?  Don't mind if I do.  Rub it on my face to maintain my youthful visage?  Guilty as charged. 

Time- Pretty much none.
Food cost-  Cheap as all get out. 

No comments: