Saturday, December 1, 2007

$2.00/day Food Challenge Post #16:Day 8 Recap

I used to be a compulsive snacker. I was ALWAYS in the kitchen with my head stuck in the 'fridge looking for a tasty treat. However, given the limitations imposed by my current budget, I've managed to eliminate all non-essential snacks. I now snack only when I feel like I need a quick energy boost and not when I just feel like eating something. I feel like this is a healthier way to live.

My next step towards a healthier lifestyle will be to re-institute my regular running schedule. Since going on the $2/day diet, I've not gone running AT ALL. I'm afraid that running will expend too many calories but I feel like this is a baseless fear. I hope to start jogging again...maybe tomorrow?

Here's how I did today:

Breakfast:
$0.19 1-Cup oats
$0.04 2 tbps cranberry sauce
$0.02 milk
$0.25 Total

Lunch:
$0.25 ground pork
$0.25 pea shoots
$0.03 Garlic
$0.05 Spices
$0.20 Rice
$0.78 Total

Mid-afternoon cup of coffee
$0.20 Coffee beans
$0.05 Milk
$0.25 Total

Dinner-I liked lunch so much I made it again for dinner!
$0.25 ground pork
$0.25 pea shoots
$0.03 Garlic
$0.05 Spices
$0.20 Rice
$0.78 Total

Daily Total: $2.06...dipping into that rollover! It's worth it tho...I love those sauteed pea shoots. $3.99 for tomorrow's food.

edit: Another $0.17 for coffee/milk. I needed some caffeine to help me power through this damn paper. It's not helping that my landlord is having a Chinese karaoke party upstairs...pretty terrible stuff. $3.82 for tomorrow.

No comments: