Friday, November 30, 2007

$2.00/day Food Challenge Post #13: Day 7 Recap


Am eating dinner and it's...it's...it's something new! Yowza! I made a batch of lentil soup...recipe is pretty much identical to the one I made a few weeks back but I did not include butter. Instead, I used a bit of turkey fat to start the soup...George and I have decided that turkey fat doesn't have an associated cost which is one of the big reasons why I chose to include it. The other difference is that I included a can of tomato puree in this batch. Other than that, it's identical. On the side, some homemade pita crisps. Pita bread, split in half and those halves cut into wedges. Brushed each wedge with some homemade garlic oil. Sprinkle with ras-el-hanout and salt. Into a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes. Done! Ahhh, more goodies tomorrow...

One other thing...My new pictures are 16x12 instead of 10x7. I've noticed that, when you click on a picture, the browser now asks you to open or save and brings up an external application if you want to view the pic. This did not happen when I was using 10x7 pics. Does this annoy anyone? I can resize the new pictures to a lower resolution but if no one cares, I'll save myself the hassle and upload as is. Let me know.

Breakfast:
$0.19 1 cup oats
$0.04 2 tbps cranberries
$0.02 1/8th cup milk.
$0.25 Total

Lunch
$0.43 1 cup white beans and sausage
$0.10 rice
$0.05 miso broth
$0.58 Total

Afternoon snack
$0.20 2 slices of toast
$0.04 apple compote
$0.24 Total

Dinner
$0.36 2 Ladles of soup
$0.25 1 Pita bread...somewhat expensive, yes?
$0.61 Total

$1.68 Total...rolling over $0.32. $4.05 for tomorrow.

Here's how George did.

No comments: